Roundabout Safety in Québec
This site provides information about the research project on roundabout safety in Québec funded in Québec, Canada, within the Road Safety Research Program by FQRNT-MTQ-FRSQ for the period 2011-2014.
The researchers involved are
- Nicolas Saunier, principal investigator, Polytechnique Montréal
- Karim Ismail, Carleton University
- Luis Miranda-Moreno, McGill University
- Zachary Patterson, Concordia University
- Bhagwant Persaud, Ryerson University
- Martin Hétu, GENIVAR
- Paul St-Aubin, Ph.D. student, Polytechnique Montréal
- Shaun Burns, M.Sc. student, McGill University
- Jean-Simon Bourdeau, Polytechnique Montréal, undergraduate student (summer 2011)
The work is ongoing and the site is under construction. Publications will be added in time.
To further help research we share the dataset of the whole inventory of roundabouts in Québec, with various attributes (location, geometry...), as done in August 2011. The work is ongoing and will be upddated regularly. Please tell us if you make use of the data.
Dataset (xlsx file), field descriptions in french/english (docx files)
A full list of publications will be provided soon.
- N. Saunier, P. St-Aubin, S. Burns, M. Cano Perdomo, J.-S. Bourdeau, L. F. Miranda-Moreno, Z. Patterson, and K. Ismail. Sécurité des carrefours giratoires: Rapport final de recherche. Technical report, Polytechnique Montréal, Université McGill, Université Concordia, Université Carleton, February 2015 [pdf (in French)]
- S. Burns, L. Miranda-Moreno, N. Saunier, and K. Ismail. Crash severity analysis at roundabouts: A case study in quebec, canada. In Transportation Research Board Annual Meeting Compendium of Papers, 2013. 13-4527
- P. St-Aubin, N. Saunier, and L. Miranda-Moreno. Detailed driver behaviour analysis and trajectory interpretation at roundabouts using computer vision data. In Transportation Research Board Annual Meeting Compendium of Papers, 2013. 13-5255
Map of the Rounbabouts (as of August 2011)